About Our Annual Scholarship
We are proud to support area students by providing four, $500.00 scholarships annually to first year students.
Our Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association began its scholarship program in the summer of 1991, awarding a single, $500.00 scholarship to Elizabeth Ann Hennon.
Since that first award, the Chapter has distributed over $30,000.00 in scholarships to local Lawrence County graduates. In 2004, the organization began awarding two $500.00 scholarships, and - thanks to the generous contributions of members and supporters like you - we've been awarding four $500 scholarships since 2013!
The scholarship is open to any senior of Lawrence County who will attend any Penn State campus in the Fall semester. You can read about past winners in our annual Newsletters located on this site.
Our Scholarship Application Process
Typically, the scholarship applications are mailed to the local High School Guidance Counselors in March every year, and the deadline to apply is May, 31st. An anonymous committee (comprised of no Alumni Association members) selects the winners, who are then announced officially at our Annual Freshmen Sendoff in August.
You may also print an application directly from our website. Please note the following before clicking the link below to print the form:
Important Application Guidelines
1. Applications CANNOT be submitted online.
2. A completed application - and the supporting personal letter of introduction - must be PROVIDED TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE COUNSELOR.
3. Your guidance counselor will submit the application on your behalf.
4. All applications must be received by the Lawrence County Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association before May 31.
5. Contact your guidance counselor for more information.
6. Winners will be announced at our Annual Freshmen Sendoff in August (check our Events calendar for details).
Print a copy of the Scholarship Application here.
The above Application is available in .pdf form. You can download a .pdf reader at this link: Adobe Reader